Email newsletters can be a powerful tool for engaging with your donors and others. Rich and inexpensive, they can really tighten your relationships.
Here are some useful tips from Social Media Marketing Hacks For Nonprofits: Top 5 Nonprofit Email Newsletter Mistakes:
- Adding total strangers to your list without their permission. (This is spamming. Anyone who does it deserves the bad results that will follow.)
- Giving Subscribers Content That Isn't That Interesting.
- Sending Your Newsletter to Everyone. (You have different audiences with different needs. Segment them and create separate, relevant newsletters.)
- Not Asking People to Take Action. (They can't read your mind!)
- Not using a mobile email template. (Around half, maybe even more, of your newsletters will be read on a phone. Make sure it's readable.)
Don't do these things!