Here's some useful information from npENGAGE: 5 Things That Won't Happen in 2015.
- Direct Mail Will Not Die
- Wearable Technology Will Not Transform Fundraising
- Millennial Donors Will Not Save Your Fundraising Program
- The Great Transition of Wealth Will Not Happen in 2015
- Doing Nothing Will Not Be Less Risky
Here are three more, off the top of my head:
- "Bitcoin" will not become an important fundraising currency
- Donors won't start using RSS feeds to follow their favorite nonprofits
- There won't be an amazing breakthrough that makes fundraising easy (If there's a breakthrough, I can guarantee you it'll make fundraising more complex, not less!)
It's easy to throw around far-out predictions about the near future. These things are seldom true. Change happens fast in our world, but not that fast.
You'll make smarter decisions and enjoy life more if you're realistic about the way things change.