If you're a normal human being, you sometimes get stuck while working on projects, especially at the beginning. Here are some good hints from The Nth Factor for ways to get going: Eight Ways to Jump Start Your Fundraising Creative:
- Go to work -- on the program side -- for your organization for a day.
- Reverse the way you build your case for support. Start narrow -- tell a single story conveying your impact on an individual level -- and then expand to the larger discussion of what your organization is doing.
- Check your idea file.
- Share with and learn from other nonprofits and colleagues.
- Read up. What's going on in the news about your issues?
- Remember that donors don't want to hear about your programs; they want to know what you accomplish.
- Spend an hour with your results. Data is one of the best places to look for messaging and campaign ideas.
- Take a walk.
I can vouch for these; I do most of them regularly. You'd be amazed at the power of taking a walk.