Check out these "brain tricks" from Katya's Nonprofit Marketing Blog, at 7 Totally Surprising Brain Tricks to Sell Your Cause:
- You can't go wrong with pictures of babies.
- Use high-altitude imagery or get donors physically high up to help get them in a giving mood.
- Raise money to help people, not to fund causes.
- When asking for money, include a big ask. It makes other amounts look small.
- Approach donors according to a group they're in -- a faith, locality, ethnicity, even hobby or profession. People like to be part of groups.
- In design, use the golden mean (A width-to-height ratio of 1.618 to 1). It's inherently interesting.
- Do something unexpected in your messaging .