I love these general tips for fundraisers at the Good Works blog: The Naked Fundraiser. Here are most of them:
- Ask for money.
- Say thank you.
- Tell stories that make people laugh, cry and love your cause.
- Be strategic -- know your key performance indicators or benchmarks and use that information.
- Have a plan with a budget and clear goals and objectives.
- Evaluate your fundraising programs and activities to identify ROI in the short and long term.
- Have a case for support that clearly and passionately articulates your cause.
- Have a system that is documented for everything from gift processing to strategic planning.