Raising money online is somewhat more difficult than falling off a log. Actually, it's incredibly more difficult than falling off a log, which -- I'm ashamed to note -- I happen to know is pretty easy.
It's just as demanding as raising money in any other medium, plus a few tricks of its own.
Here's some help from the Nonprofit Tech 2.0 blog: 11 Donate Now Best Practices for Nonprofits.
Some of those best practices I can strongly vouch for:
- Monitor Your Charity Ratings and Reviews
- Make Your Donate Now Button Stand Out from Your Website's Color Scheme
- Keep Text and Graphics to a Bare Minimum on Your Donate Now Landing Page
- Create Additional Pages for Other Ways to Give
- Include Your Mailing Address on Your Donate Now Landing Page for Check Donations
- Launch a Sustainer Program