From the Engage:Boomers blog, some reality checks on what's happening on the eyes of aging Boomers: The Eyes Have It.
This isn't a unique Boomer problem. It happens to everyone, eventually. With age, our eyes not only lose acuity, but also become less sensitive to cool and light colors. Here are some design things smart fundraisers who want their donors to be able to read their material should be doing:
- Use 16- to 18-point text.
- Avoid the use of all upper-case text.
- Use short lines and indent paragraphs.
- Avoid reverse type.
- Use bright colors such as red, orange, and yellow.
- Don't mix font types and styles on a single page.