Email marketers are a good source of handy information for us fundraisers. They're always testing and studying with their huge email files. That's where this post, 5 New Email Marketing Tips Based on Recent Studies, from Totally Uncorked on Marketing gets some handy new tidbits:
- Send your e-mail marketing at the beginning of the week when open rates are higher.
- Test personalizing your e-mails -- it may have a negative effect on open and click rates.
- Email more frequently than once a month. (Emailing infrequently is the likely path to shrinking your list.)
- Keep email subject lines between 28-39 characters.
- If a large part of your recipient list uses mobile devices, try keeping email messages in the 50KB range to ensure they load quickly.
There's backup behind each of these. Check them out.