If you aren't seeing big growth in online donations, it's probably your own fault. Donors are going online, including a curious but very widespread practice of responding online to offline messages.
One of the most serious roadblocks to online revenue are poor-performing landing pages. Here's some help on that front from Fired-Up Fundraising: Create a Donation Page that Rocks!
- Try it out yourself.
- Change the title of the page. (Make it a call to action.)
- Put a heart-touching picture on the page.
- Make the donate button larger with larger font.
- Tweak your monthly donation button.
- Create special donation landing pages.
- Suggest dollar amounts for specific projects.
- Don't offer too many choices.
- Don't add links to other pages.
- Go all out to thank your online donors.
To which I'd add: Remember, your online and offline messages are no longer two separate worlds. Get them in line with each other -- look, feel, language, offer. Or you will lose a lot of that rich cross-channel giving that increases every day!