Here are some ways to improve your prospects this year, from John Haydon's blog: Seven Ways to Increase Your Nonprofit's Donations in 2013...
- Say Thanks
- Give Your Supporters Better Tools
- Plug up the Holes in Your Website
- Make Your Supporters' Agendas Your Agenda
- Constantly Report Outcomes
- Develop One Cause Marketing Partnership
- Don't Shoot for Perfect
Four is the center of it all. Once you realize that fundraising is not a process of getting people to join your club, but trying to get people to let you into their club -- you'll start doing a lot of things much more brilliantly.
(I'd take #6 with a grain of salt. You could spend a lot of time trying to bring that to life and never bring in a dollar.)