Do you think of your donors as heroes? How about as superheroes? The 101fundraising blog has some suggestions at Treat donors like the superheroes they are:
- You write stories about them
- You ask for their help when in need
- You smooth the communication with them
- You keep them in the loop with all developments
- You prove them you are the right ally to win the battle
- You should never forget them
Here's another way to treat donors as superheroes: Think of your organization has their sidekick. You're not quite as awesome as they are, but you are very helpful, and you complete them. A lot of fundraising gets it backwards, basically saying, "I'm incredibly awesome. How'd you like to be my sidekick?"
If your mental picture of the relationship has you in the sidekick role, your fundraising will be much more relevant and persuasive.