It's hard to make fundraising emails work. Even the big successes only work at all because the cost of sending them is so low.
But are you doing everything you can to make your emails do that job? Here are some thoughts from the Email Marketing Tips blog, at Common Email Marketing Mistakes: Why Your Emails Aren't Getting Results:
- Your content is too self-promotional.
- Your readers think you're a robot.
- Your call to action isn't very actionable.
- You're inconsistent.
- Your follow-up series is nonexistent.
- Your subject lines are boring.
- You're not using personalization.
- You're sending to the wrong people.
Thanks to Be Relevant for the tip.