Like checklists? Here's one from Fired Up Fundraising that will help you write better fundraising messages: Your Donor-Centered Appeal Letter Checklist. Check it out:
- Use a warm tone toward your donor. (Write the way you write to a beloved aunt -- not a business message.)
- Use the word "you" more than the word "we." (The letter is about the donor, not your organization!)
- Talk about the passion for the cause that you and your both donor share.
- Tell your donor exactly the impact she will make with her gift. (Show how her dollars connect with action.)
- Remove your organization as the intermediary between the donor and your results. (Your gift will accomplish this, not Your gift will help us accomplish.