Yesterday we looked at some great way to thank your donors by cutting through the noise.
Today, thanks to Fired Up Fundraising, are some ways to make any thanking you do a better experience for your donors. How to Craft a Killer Thank You Letter:
- Make it prompt.
- Make it personal.
- Start out in a personal way.
- Use a warm tone.
- Be emotional.
- Send a real letter, not a pre-printed card.
- Thank smaller gifts warmly.
- Refer to the donor's past support if you possibly can.
- Use the donor's name in the salutation.
- Sign the letter personally and write a note at the bottom.
- Send more than one thank you letter.
- Send an additional thank you letter from a board member.
- Have a high-ranking person personally sign the letter.
- Send a thank-you letter from a person helped by your organization.
- Reconfirm the purpose of the gift.
- Include a contact name and number.
If you do these things, you will stand out and be memorable among most donors' experiences -- because most charities do not thank well or promptly. You'll surprise and delight them ... and help them stay with you for the long haul