Fundraising on Facebook is new territory for most. It can work, especially if you follow these tips from the Bloomerang Blog at 5 Tips for Facebook Fundraising Success:
- Start small, build up. Small, reachable goals -- when (if) it works, up the goal.
- Be specific. Ask people to do something specific (not "support us").
- Start with a match. Double-your-gift matches work magic everywhere, including Facebook.
- Spread the word. Invite people to take part.
- Show appreciation. You will not have contact information for donors who give through Facebook. Message them and thank them!
It's pretty much the same as all other fundraising: Talk to the right people, give them something to do that they believe in, make it easy, and treat them well.