There's not enough advice about great graphic design for fundraising out there. That's probably because the words you use have more impact than the way they look.
But design matters a lot. The best words can be scuttled by inappropriate design.
Here's some help from Agents of Good, at Top 10 graphic design considerations for your direct response:
- Contrast: Use a high contrast colour for text and background.
- Type Colour: Print material is most readable in black and white.
- Point Size: Bigger is better.
- Leading: (The space between lines of text). Should be at least 25% - 30% of the point size.
- Fonts: Avoid complicated or decorative fonts.
- Font Weight: Choose fonts with medium weight (or heaviness) and avoid light type with thin strokes.
- Letter spacing: Don't crowd your text.
- Margins & Columns: Separate text into columns to make it easier to read.
- Paper: Use a matte or non-glossy finish to cut down on glare.
- Clean Design & Simplicity