From the Heroic Fundraising Blog, 9 Ways to Create a Transformational Relationship. It really pays to think about the relationship you build with donors, and to consider ways of strengthening that bond:
- Make the Phone Call. A real call from a real person really cuts through the clutter and has been shown to meaningfully improve donor retention.
- Send a Handwritten Thank-You Note. A great way to thank a donor, or recognize relationship milestones.
- Send a Welcome Package . What can you send that will make donors feel special, important, and appreciated? Send it after their first donation!
- Send a Series of Welcoming Emails.
- Send a Newsletter. The most magical way to connect with donors and make sure they know they're making a difference!
- Feature Donors on Your Website.
- Create a Video Thank-You. It doesn't take a massive production budget to make a two-minute that's a heart-felt thank-you.
- Say It on Social.
- Invite Donors to Upcoming Events. This is another way to show them they're important to you.
Want to learn more ways to connect meaningfully with donors? Check out my Moceanic online course, Irresistible Communications for Great Nonprofits. It's a four-part complete masterclass in the surprising things that work in fundraising. Details here.