Are you ready for Giving Tuesday?
This year, it's on November 27. It might be a very big deal for you.
(I've expressed my mixed skepticism and wonder about Giving Tuesday here.)
To help you get ready, here's a post from npENGAGE, Creating a Giving Tuesday Strategy That's 'Just Right':
- Tell your donors specifically what their dollars are supporting. (Just because it's Giving Tuesday doesn't mean you shouldn't do the normal, proven things that work in fundraising every other day ... like including a strong, specific fundraising offer.)
- Engage donors who gave last year. (People who gave on Giving Tuesday last year -- regardless of what they've done or not done since -- are your best bet.)
- Target donors. (As opposed to nondonors.)
- Don't treat Giving Tuesday like every other day. (Send several emails. Send emails a day or two before. Send followups.)
- Plan much sooner than you think you need to.
- Don't forget humanity. (Your donors are all living, breathing human beings. Even on Giving Tuesday.)
- Set realistic goals. (Don't expect a gold strike. Unless you got one last year!)
- A thank you is more important than an ask.
Until Giving Tuesday stops working, you should keep doing these things!
Free online workshop: 5 Steps to a Wildly Successful Bequest Fundraising Program with Christiana Stergiou. October 17 and 18. A must for serious fundraisers ... and it's FREE.