Writing a direct mail fundraising letter? Here are some things that will help you make it more effective from Pamela Grow's blog: 7 musts for writing your best fundraising appeal letter...
- Engage your reader right from the start. (Grab attention with the outer envelope and keep on grabbing it at every step!)
- Ask early and ask often! (If your message asks only one time, you're missing it.)
- Your Story (About one, and about how the donor can make a difference.)
- Your Offer (Make sure there's a specific and compelling call to action.)
- The Ask (How much are you asking the donor to give -- and what will that amount do?)
- PS (The most-read paragraph in a direct mail letter. Use it well.)
- Formatting and Design (Go for readability.)
Free online workshop: 5 Steps to a Wildly Successful Bequest Fundraising Program with Christiana Stergiou. October 17 and 18. A must for serious fundraisers ... and it's FREE.