Your best work happens when you get a creative spark. That's something that doesn't come on cue. But there are ways to encourage the spark, according to 5 Research-Backed Methods to Be More Creative on HubSpot:
- Stop typecasting yourself. (We all tend to think of ourselves as having a fixed set of strengths. It's partly true, but there's nothing stopping you from building new abilities and approaches. Always try to learn!)
- Pretend it's someone else's problem. (It's always easier to solve other people's problems. So pretend the problem you're working on is someone else's!)
- Expose yourself to more diversity of any kind.
- Impose restrictions. (Putting "boundaries" around your project can spark creativity.)
- Consider alternatives to problems that have already been solved.