Sometimes you feel like a wrung-out sponge. No more ideas, no more creative energy, no more inspiration.
Here are some ways to get the creativity back, from Geoff Livingston's blog, at 15 Ways to Restore Your Creativity:
- Take a Vacation
- Explore a Different Creative Path
- Go to a Live Event
- Watch a Movie
- Hike in Some Place of Natural Beauty
- Take a Nap
- Watch the Sun Rise or Set
- Play with Your Kids (if you have them)
- Admire Someone Else's Work
- Visit a Museum
- Play a Game
- Work Out
- Enjoy Time with Your Partner
Here are a few more that work for me:
- Do your work in a café.
- Take a walk.
- Go home by a less efficient route.
- Memorize something.
- Read, listen to, or watch something funny.
- Read, listen to, or watch something inspiring.