Want to raise more money in the next three to 60 months?
Thank your donors who just gave. Thank them often and well. It really does lead to more giving.
Here are some pointers from Bloomerang to help you thank them: 6 Quick, Cheap and Easy Ways to Delight Your Donors. Do these things:
- Call donors who gave for the first time last year -- just to say thanks.
- Send an anniversary message to loyal donors.
- Send out a brief impact update by email.
- Make a quick thank you video.
- Share a short success story.
- Profile a staff member or dedicated volunteer.
When donors answer surveys, they often say they don't need to be thanked. This is one point where you must not take them at their word. They think they don't need to be thanked.
But they do.
Donor retention, gift frequency, and upgrading all go way up when donors are consistently thanked.