Fundcrushing: An offshoot of fundraising that assumes donors will be moved to give if you throw enough large numbers at them.
It doesn't work.
It ignores the important truth about donors: They don't give to solve problems because those problems are big, but because the problems are solvable.
Here are posts showing fundcrushing in action (most recent posts at the bottom):
- Fundcrushing: the evil cousin of fundraising
- Fundcrushing on Twitter: it's still fundcrushing
- Fundcrushing vs. fundraising: see the difference at work
- Sexy models demonstrate fundcrushing
- Stupidly empty city reminds people why they don't want to donate
- How to discourage donors from making a difference