From Hands-on Fundraising, 8 things you can do today to improve your fundraising letters:
- Change the font (to something more readable, and probably larger).
- Indent the paragraphs.
- Send it back to 6th grade (short sentences and short words make it easier to read).
- Make sure you use the word "you" often.
- Write like you talk.
- Read it out loud (this is how you can tell if you sound like a human or not).
- Don't forget to add a P.S.!
I can vouch for each of these things. You'll raise more money if you do them.