What do your donors experience right after they make an online gift? Do you give them a rewarding experience that rewards and extends the donation?
Or does a robot tell them to go away?
Here are 21 Ideas For Your Nonprofit's Donation Confirmation Page from the Bloomerang blog:
- Say "Your donation was processed successfully!" with text
- Say "Thank you!" with text
- Say how the donation dollars will be used with text
- Say how the donation will impact those your organization serves (slightly different from #3) with text
- A photo or photos that show the impact of their donation.
- A video that says thanks and shows the impact of their donation
- Text that explains what the donor can expect to receive from future communications
- Contact info ("Contact us any time with questions or concerns!")
- Social media buttons to share that they gave
- "Follow Us/Like Us" on social media buttons
- Links directly to organization social media accounts
- Link to a donor survey
- Link to another webpage or blog post
- Link to upcoming events
- Link to volunteer opportunities
- Employee matching option
- Embedded contact form for feedback
- Link or form to subscribe to blog
- Create and send tribute card
- Donor testimonial (why I give and/or continue to give)
- Campaign or project status
Don't do all of these things, but do some of them. Your confirmation page is an important place. It connects with donors at the most important moment of the relationship -- right after they've given. It's a great time to extend the warm glow they get from giving, and it can get them even more involved.