Every time I look at an online fundraising program that's not gaining traction, the most damaging part of the program, the single thing that's turning away donors before they can give is poorly built giving pages.
Here's a quick list of giving page improvements from npEngage, at The Top 10 Most Effective Donation Form Optimizations You Can Make:
- Make it simple for people to find and get to your donation form.
- Brand your donation form so that it looks like your website.
- Make sure potential donors stay on YOUR website -- don't make them click away.
- Keep it to one step, not multiple, to make a donation.
- Keep the number of fields, especially those that are required, to a minimum.
- Ensure that your donation form works on mobile devices.
- Offer giving levels and pre-select the one you'd like most donors to choose.
- Offer Recurring Giving.
- Test Continuously.
- Plan for what happens "after the donation."
Spend some serious effort on your giving pages. Get professional help making them better. Test a lot. It will make a major difference for you.